Friday, May 02, 2014

And then there were three...

Three tangles this week - some were challenging.

First up, the weekly Diva Challenge #165 - this was a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge and we were challenged to use Anne Marks' pattern Camelia. At first this was challenging to learn, but eventually I got the hang of it. I decided to spice it up a little by also using one of Anne Marks' string patterns from the Tangle Patterns site. I used String #71, with patterns Camelia (of course), Puf, Nipa, Warped Eggs and Kunstler.


Next up is the weekly letter challenge at Cheryl's Artful Creations: J!! I used string #91from David Rae, then used tangle patterns: Japonica, Jeewels, Jetties, Jonqal and Jalousie with bordering of Joy and Jambalee.





Finally, at Tickled To Tangle, the challenge was in celebration of Tangle Patterns' 4th anniversary on May 4th. So we were to use String #38 (which looks like a "4"), and 4 A patterns: Aquafleur, Aura Leah, Axlexa and AA's. I had only ever tried Axlexa before this challenge, so there was quite a bit of learning here too. I really like the flow and fun of AA's, but I seriously do not care for Aquafleur - I had to constantly do over and over again in pencil because I could not get it to look anything like it should. There was nothing fun or relaxing about it for me. Other than Aquafleur, I did enjoy the challenge, though. So, without further ado,,,

And so I anticipate a very busy weekend: Free comic book day, interNational Scrapbooking Day, and May the 4th be with you day.

3 comments:

Annette P.-L. said...

All are lovely! Especially I like the second one!

Anne's tangle blog said...

All three are beautiful.

Helen said...

Lovely tiles :)