Saturday, January 03, 2009

Starting my Project 365 & New Year's Resolutions

So, this year I've decided to the Project 365. I'm also going to try to blog every day, using the Project 365 as my excuse to do so. No, this is not one of my resolutions this year - it's just something I want to do. Since I'm slow to start this on the blog (though I've already started my first 3 daily photos more timely), I'll recap the first 3 days.

Day 1


So this represents one of my resolutions this year. Here are my resolutions:
1. Eat more vegetables daily
2. Exercise at least 1 1/2 hours each week
3. Find a new (hopefully better) job
4. Get back to drinking more water
5. Finish at least 4 knitting projects that were already started prior to 2009

Obviously 1,2, and 4 are going to help me continue my weight loss journey and moving toward a healthier lifestyle. The third one, well, is just plain necessary - while I've found a new position in my company that might allow me to be employed beyond June 30th (my original layoff date), I'm not holding my breath that it will stick or that I will be happy with it. So the job hunt will continue, but with a focus on being happier and less stressed. And the fifth, well, let's just say I'm terrible at completing projects and I really want to get some of these lingering projects done once and for all.

Day 2


This is bad boy Memphis. Two days in a row he has been in a heap of trouble. Thursday he chewed up Harley's toy so that it doesn't squeak anymore - a toy my mom got her for Christmas only a week before. Harley loved that toy and is missing it. Friday, while Jon and I were talking in another room, Memphis went into the kitchen and got his front legs on the counter and proceeded to grab some of the salami I had cut up for our dinner. At first I was afraid he had gone up near the stove, near the pot of boiling water - scary. But then I was upset because there was a large sharp knife right next to the salami which he could have knocked over and hurt himself with - almost as scary. We don't know what's causing this sudden outburst of particularly bad behaviour, but we clearly let him know he was a bad boy each time - and he pouted and moped as much as a dog can. Since I was already in a poor mood because of work issues (yeah, ask me to train me during the middle of my close for 5 hours - see how happy I am), I was not forgiving him too easily.

Day 3


So the day isn't over yet, but I am definitely saying goodbye to 2008. I took down the Christmas tree finally, and this shows the 2008 ornaments before I took them down. We are really hoping that 2009 will be a better year. We even ate our black-eyed peas this year just in case the superstition works (we didn't do it last year and we had a crappy year for the most part).

So now, I just need to keep up on this, hopefully every day.

No comments: