So the FOBTY quiz results were no surprise:
You Are 85% Real |
![]() There's hardly a person on this earth more real than you are. You have no problem showing people who you are, flaws and all. For you, there couldn't be any other way. Because it's way too stressful to live an inauthentic life. You're very comfortable with yourself. And because of this, you're able to live an exciting, interesting, and challenging life. |
Well, it's also the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The more time passes, the more it seems like a distant nightmare, but I do still remember where I was and who was lost. I say a little prayer for my Mom & Dad's close friend who lost his brother in the attacks. I'll never forget it, but it isn't constantly in the forefront of my mind like it used to be. I can never forget all those who were lost from all walks of life, including the brave ones who knew what was going on and fought back only to lose their lives in Pennsylvania. Or those who went in trying to save others in the WTC and lost their own lives. People who knowingly put themselves in harm's way to save others, not just those who never knew what was happening. And I always shudder thinking of the moments that each of the towers fell, the iconic buildings symbolizing the end of a type of innocence for this country.
I have to admit it kind of bothered me this morning when I heard that there are some groups that believe that Al Quaeda did not execute the attacks on the US on that day, but rather the US did it to themseves to create an excuse to invade Iraq. I can understand why the sentiment exists though. Bush was just so eager to jump into Iraq even though most of the planners were (and still are) in Afghanistan because as Jon says "the Iraqis tried to kill his Daddy". But I think a more plausible conspiracy theory would be that yes Al Quaeda did plan and execute the attacks but the Prez did nothing to prevent it and they would give him the excuse to attack. Not that I really believe that's what really happened, but it is more plausible than the other. Honestly I think they did plan and attack us, we knew about it but that the hubris our government has (that we are invincible and all-powerful) stopped any action we might have taken to prevent it. And I think we attacked Iraq in part because of the attempt on GH Bush's life, part because of the proximity to oil, and part because of the embarrasment of being caught with our pants down (so to speak) with being attacked by people to whom we provided supplies and training. Our goverment (at least the current administration) refuses to admit that it makes mistakes now and then in their policies towards other countries and cultures. That is one of the things that makes other countries' people hate us (or just dislike us) so much. Why can't we say yes, we make mistakes but let's just fix it the right way? I love my country, but there are a lot of flaws to it. Oh well. I've spouted off too much, but isn't that what a blog is for?

No comments:
Post a Comment