Saturday, August 02, 2008

Make Me Happy

Well, I'm kind of down and out today. Yesterday I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and given antibiotics and cough syrup. Cough syrup works great, but I end up feeling worse because overnight a sinus infection kicked in. Can't a girl get a break? It's bad enough that it's painful to swallow, I can't talk above a low whisper and my shoulder is aching from all the coughing I've been doing. Need there be more? I will get better - I have to.
So what makes me happy even when I'm down & out? Thinking back to happy childhood memories generally makes me happy. Like this:


or this:


The other happy thing? Well, I've been doing a "Biggest Loser" contest for the last couple of weeks. Started slow since last week Jon and I were on vacation, but this week in spite of the illness, I have been going like gangbusters - I think I've lost 5 pounds alone this week. I'm certainly not going to complain about that....

No comments: