Meghan at the Sweet Shoppe is having a baby in a month (Yay, Congratulations, Meghan!) and is starting to sweat about the name of her future girl. So she asked the sweet guests at SSD to give her a few suggestions...
OK I've never had a child (yet), but I'd always thought of names I would want my girl to be called.
Bethany - I don't know why, but I just plain like the name. I guess it's not too old fashioned nor is it too out there or "popular"
Melinda (nicknames could include Mel, Linda, Lindy, Millie and Mindy) - I love the number of nicknames for this as different nicknames have different personalities (Mel is a tomboy, Lindy is funky and fun, Millie is old fashioned, Mindy is the best friend next door, etc.)
Ashleigh (my DH liked that one so much he named his car that)
My best friend named her daughter after my aunt, just because she liked the name - Sydney - it's a nice unisex name as I also have a great uncle Syd as well.
And of course my name, Leslie, is a unisex name - though it's becoming more of a "female" name, I often get items sent to Mr. Leslie... It has been historically more a male name, especially when nicknamed "Les". I guess "Les" is more.....male, that is, LOL! I know, bad joke.
For unusual names/spellings, my in-laws take the cake with their daughters: Caylyn, Shyloh, and Acacia (Blue). While Acacia Blue Creek sounds like some bottled spring water, the meaning of Acacia (an extremely hard wood) was appropriate at the time - considering she was born at 26 weeks, she needed strength to survive the most. And survive she did (nearly six years so far).
Well, that's all I can think of for now!
1 comment:
TY for the suggestions!! :)
Post a Comment