Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick Questions, Man!

wow! four times in one week - that's a record for me!
So, today's Sweet Shoppe "From Our Blog 2 Yours" deals with sickness and how we handle it. So, without further ado, here are the questions they want answered...

1. How often do you get sick with a cold? The flu? Something else?
Cold, once a year. Flu, once every few years. Other, not frequently; usually it's a migraine and that's about once or twice a year now (used to be more frequent)
2. Are you the sort of person who goes to work or school no matter how sick you are or are you willing to stay at home when it gets bad? I usually go to work (and school back in the day - in fact I had perfect attendance in Junior high/high school). It's different now because if I'm sick with a cold, I can stay at home and still work (I connect into the office remotely). But if I'm spending a LOT of time in the bathroom or my head is so sick I can't think in a straight line, I will not work.
3. How do you like to treat a cold? What remedies do you like and why? Do you go to the doctor willingly? If it's a basic cold or flu, I get lots of liquids in, especially grapefruit or orange juice. I try to keep up with my vitamins too. If I catch a cold at the very beginning, I'll take Airborne. I will go to the doctor willingly, but only if it has symptoms I'm not familiar with, are very serious (like blood when I have diarrhea), or I've had it for an extended time.
4. What do you do to keep from getting sick in the winter? Take vitamins, eat healthy veggies, drink juice daily and stay away from sick people.
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you stay home from work or school? If I'm not sleeping, I will catch up on my DVR'd shows or do puzzles (if my brain is working) or surf the net while listening to music. If it's a bad migraine, though, sleep in a quiet dark room is the only thing I want to do.

No comments: