Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm back

I've been trying to get back on here since Friday. Don't know why I had so many issues.
This weekend, Jon and I went to the zoo and we saw the new baby gorilla - he was so cute and you could tell Muke (the mom) was very protective. They say that Samantha (another gorilla) will have hers in a couple of weeks. We also saw kangaroos, koalas (well, sort of), billy goats, as well as the usual suspects. The gibbons were especially active and Jon recorded their sounds on his cell phone. Between Jon and I, we took over 250 pictures and we've already printed out 120 of them. LOTS of pictures, especially of Muke and her baby as well as Jomo (the loaned gorilla who is the baby's dad). We also got Jon a new vacuum cleaner. It boggles my mind how he can get so excited over a vacuum cleaner. He'd been talking about this for days, researched Consumer Reports, tested out the one he wanted, second guessed himself a gazillion times before he even purchased it. When we brought it home last night, within an hour he had it put together and was vacuuming all over the place. Crazy man!
So Liza at the http://schoolofscrap.proboards102.com/ posed a challenge to us to say what we are thankful for. So here goes:
I am thankful for -
great parents who raised me in a wonderful loving environment
a wonderful who inspires me with her creativity and generous spirit
having known and been related to such a wonderful man as my father, who taught me so much
a great husband who is intelligent and takes care of the household wonderfully
a loving dog that is there for us when we come home and gives us affection
a job that allows me to afford our lifestyle
a boss that is friendly and easy to work with
a nice roof over our head that we can afford to own
great relatives that support each other through thick and thin
good co-workers that make this job easier to take
my health, which is decent
my intelligence, which enabled me to get my job and my husband
great doctors that take care of me through any of my health issues
never worrying about where the next meal is coming from
the ability to change whatever I don't like in my life
my creative spirit which allows me to relax through my artistic endeavors

Now, hopefully, I can keep being able to get on here going forward....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

wonderful list of reasons to be thankful. Did I miss what type vaccum you got? I get ultra excited over toys for stuff around the house. I couldn't live without my Roomba!