Friday, April 18, 2014

An inspired tangle

So I was inspired in two different directions this week with my tangle. First, I was inspired by Easter here coming in a couple of days and created a "string" with the cross symbol.


Then I was inspired by the challenge over at the I am the diva blog with the weekly challenge to use the new official Zentangle Rixty (named so in honor of one of the founders of Zentangle Rick, who turned 60 - get it, Ri(ck-si)xty?). At any rate, I was planning to use Rixty for the lines of the cross, so it worked out perfectly! The rest I did rather randomly - I used the official Zentangle patterns Rixty, Hibred, Huggins, Tipple, Quandary and Ixorus, and unofficial tangles Arnia, Y-Ful Power, Pavonia and FishNet.  Here is how it turned out:
I really like how it turned out. It feels so organic and alive.

1 comment:

Anne's tangle blog said...

The tangles next to Rixty are very well chosen.