Yeah, I've been a bad blogger. Sigh.
On to the FOBTY for this week. The topic this week, as SSD celebrates their third birthday (YAY!), is birthday memories. I don't remember most of my birthdays. Seriously, my memory gets worse every year, too.
One of my most memorable birthdays (and my favorite) was, unsurprisingly, my 16th birthday. Usually the celebrations are centered around family, but this year was an exception. For my 16th, I invited a few of my friends to go with me (with of course Mom driving) to eat out at Chi Chi's. I remember we also went out to a mall to go shopping. And what did I get for myself - typical me, I went for the music and got Kiss "Animalize" with the song "Heaven's On Fire". Oh yeah, one of the quintessential hair bands on cassette tape - how much more stereotypical 80's can you get? And no, I did not get my license that day. I got it later (I failed the first time).
I also remember spending my 20th birthday in Hong Kong - where I was completely legal (hehehe). I remember eating at a Buddhist restaurant, where I had my first tofish - um, yeah, a fish made of tofu. Then we went out to a kind of cool club. I say kind of because we didn't stay long. I started to feel really ill thanks to the fish oil. Unfortunately I ended up getting sick - really sick - in the back of a taxi cab on the way back to campus. But you know, I would still not have traded that experience.
Of course, I do remember my last birthday - number 40. It was the day after the nasty September windstorm/hurricane. I took the day off to have some fun. Hmmm, fun was the last thing Mother Nature had in mind. I spent my birthday evening with no power, drinking wine, listening to old time radio on my new Zune, and going to bed early after a long day of cleaning up.
Just a couple of memories of birthdays - funny how I remember the bad ones more than the good (I won't recollect my 27th birthday disaster right now)....
No comments:
Post a Comment