Saturday, December 15, 2007

Favorite Christmas movie... EVER!

My personal favorite Christmas movie HAS to be A Christmas Story. It's the only Christmas movie I own on DVD. I love to watch it anytime of the year. "Bumpuses!!!" LOL! I love the little piggie scene with the mashed potatoes ("meatloaf, beetloaf, {whine}") and the fight scene and the fantasies Ralph has re: his Red Rider BB gun paper (and the teacher's ecstatic reaction) and his reaction to having his mouth washed out with soap (and his parent's lament of said reaction). The Old Man's cursing in the light of a finnicky furnace and his ecstasy over his all-too-short-lived but gaudy Prize (Fra-jee-lay, anyone?). Eating Christmas turkey, er, duck in a Chinese restaurant - "Deck the Hars with boughs of Hahry, Fa-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah, tis the season to be jahry,..." There are too many funny scenes in this movie to list. It is just quite simply the best Christmas movie ever!!!