Well, I thought today would be a difficult one for me. Today would have been my dad's 65th birthday - and our first one without him. It's been a little over 5 months since he passed away. So I started off a bit sad. Jon was sad all day long - he feels he never got a goodbye with my father. Mom went out to dinner with some of the female friends of my dad, and it sounded like she had a good time.
But then my co-workers took me out to lunch, since I won't be at work for my birthday, to Macaroni Grill. And they bought an Opera Creme Cake for me (well, to share), since that is nearly everyone's favorite cake from this bakery we get the cakes at. But then my day got interesting. I have been having this issue with this customer not providing us PO for nearly 5 months in order to allow us to bill them. Well, they all arrived this afternoon.
And then. There's a couple of the security guards in our office building that I chat with when they come by checking everyone's cubicles. Well, one of them, who happens to be training for a body building contest right now, asks me as I'm leaving today that IF I wasn't married would it have been possible that he and I would have dated. Of course I said IF that was the case, yes (he is an attractive man although I don't normally go for African-American men). WOW! It made me feel really good about myself. Like - I'm attractive to someone else other than my husband. I don't feel that way often anymore. It was nice...
I have been happy all night - not even Jon's mood could spoil it for me....
No comments:
Post a Comment